Monday, August 30, 2010

Model Call

I know that we told you all that we were moving to New York so that Jon could go to law school, but it is time to reveal the truth. The real reason we came to New York is so I could pursue my life-long goal of becoming a model. Today I attended my first “Model Call” and I am now officially a Bumble and Bumble hair model.

Now, for those of you who don’t know, Bumble and Bumble is a cutting edge incorporation with a line of hair products as well as a select number of salons around the country. Now what exactly will my new life as a hair model for Bb look like? Something like this. They call me when they need me, I travel about 50 minutes downtown and they give me a free hair cut, updo, or dye (per my request and their needs) in the presence of several hairstylists who are there to receive training before they return to their salons around the country. Do I get paid? Well, no. Do they take glamour shots of me afterwards? Negative. But a girl’s gotta start somewhere and in the meantime, I get free haircuts.

Wish me luck! I think I have a bright future ahead of me.

6 comments:

  1. haha yes! I am so glad that truth has come out! :) Just like we thought....haha love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they at least let you listen to the groovy golden earphones while you wait?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll ask for them next time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you already get a haircut? Does it look like the one in the picture? If so, that is totally awesome. You should definitely request that one next time if it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha that is so awesome! How did you even get into that? So fun! You'll have to take your own glamor shots next time so we can see what they did to your hair! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! If I'm ever around, I'll do glamour shots for you!

    ReplyDelete