Sebastian talks a lot and I'd say he's pretty eloquent for a two-year-old. ;) But in public, he leaves most of the talking to his verbose older brother. Usually when strangers try to talk to him, he gives them a coy smile or a death stare (you know, just whatever he's feeling), but he refuses to open his mouth. Yesterday in the Target check-out line, he carried on his very first conversation with a stranger and I attribute it to the woman ditching the sing-song voice typically reserved for speaking to children. Made me smile to hear him chatting about groceries with someone he didn't know. But then, listening to his adorable voice often makes me smile.
David asks for reading lessons every afternoon. It's an almost perfect time of day, when sunshine spills through the window, and from David's eyes, down onto the pages. I love this "little" boy.
You know how they say we all need seven positive touches a day, or something? Well, Sebastian needs a million. If I have nothing else to add to my resume after spending my days with these children, I think I'm gaining some pretty killer professional cuddler qualifications. ;) J.K., J.K.
![]() |
| Sharing bread with our ducks |
David is really into "science" experiments right now. I'm trying to get excited about goopy messes, vinegar, baking soda, and food coloring.
Also... David rides a real bike. But he needs a friend ride with (come back to us Hal!). Any little friends interested in the position? :) It pays well in the currency of skinned knees and fresh air.
Sebastian likes to brush my hair away from my face with his little hand when he's looking at me and it melts my heart.
As part of our useless pre-haircut ritual, Jon and I googled "professional men's haircut" together (it really doesn't matter what haircut Jon asks for, he always ends up with the same one). After scanning for a minute, Jon pointed to a photo and said, "How about this?" Since he didn't take any special note of the individual in the picture, I chuckled. He was asking me to make him look like Cary Grant. :) I think it worked, though, Jon looks just like the kind of guy I'd fall for. Oh, wait...




No comments:
Post a Comment